Internship – JIBS
Students at Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) have a possibility to do an internship - a qualified work placement for credits as part of their study program.
With students coming from more than 60 different countries, this is a unique opportunity to recruit country-specific competencies, for instance when marketing towards a certain geographic area or establishing your company/organization abroad.
Students gain practical experience and credits which they receive after completing an academic report. It is up for the company/organization to decide whether to offer a remuneration for the internship or not.
By offering one or several students an internship, your company/organization can get assistance in running a project or improving your businesses in other ways. The length of the internship can vary but is usually a minimum of 10 full-time weeks, or equivalent. The content of the internship is decided in consultation between the company/organization, the student and JIBS. Here are some examples of the internship assignments:
- Market analysis (national or international). Analyzing current market with the aim to identify needs or create needs for actors on the market. It usually includes a description of a market status, customer relations and the internal organization.
- Marketing plan. A marketing plan is developed to be able to plan and coordinate company’s marketing activities. Through a marketing plan, companies clarify what they want to focus on and develop marketing strategies.
- Brand analysis, branding strategy. How well is your brand known? How strong is it?
- Analysis of market communication in digital media. It helps to understand different communication channels, target groups and to adjust the content accordingly.
- Status analysis. Creating a relevant picture of current situation for short- and long-term improvements. Status analysis shows where the company/organization is today and assists in controlling the future position.
- Flow mapping. A basic principle for Lean is to optimize the flow for the various processes. By mapping the flow of information and materials, you can view the business from a perspective that is most appealing for the customer.
- Development of data for decision making, for example, regarding investment decisions.
- Review and analysis of new regulations and how they affect the company/organization.
- Statistics management and analysis.
In order for a student to be able to take on the assignment as part of an internship course at JIBS, the assignment must be approved by the course examiner in order to ensure that the level of the assignment is in line with the course requirements.
Benefits of having an internship student:
- Dedicated full-time assistance in a relevant business project.
- Impartial and internationally oriented eyes on an issue that you are working on.
- Theoretical/scientific anchoring of the work, with qualified supervision at JIBS.
- By integrating a student from another country into your company/organization, you utilize his/her specific country knowledge and international experience.
- The student could be a potential future colleague, this can save you time and be less expensive than a traditional recruitment process!
What is required of you as a company/organization?
- Provide a workplace.
- Offer a few weeks of relevant, stimulating and developing work tasks.
- Introduce the student to the company and the assigned tasks.
- Appoint a supervisor who can provide support during the internship.
- Provide a work description for the internship position.
Dare to borrow a student!
For more information about internships or advertising towards our students at Internship by JIBS, please contact a member of our External relations team.
Content updated 2020-05-15