Visual Lab 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsVisual Lab is a practical course focused on new and advanced tools and techniques connected to the field of graphic and visual design. Through a series of teacher led tutorials, workshops, and assignments the students develop new knowledge about state-of-the-art techniques and software in photo editing, vector graphics, motion graphics and print design. As a final graded individual project, the students are encouraged to solve a given brief using these techniques as well as other new tools that they seek out themselves. Creativity and experimentation are encouraged.
The course includes the following elements:
- Workshops and assignments in photo editing, photo manipulation, and digital collage techniques
- Workshops and assignments in advanced vector graphics
- Workshops and assignments in animation and interaction using vector graphics and code
- Workshops and assignments in motion graphics
- Workshops and assignments in state-of-the-art tools and techniques for print design including printing techniques for unusual materials and textures
- Individual project focused on creatively solving a given brief using new and state-of-the-art tools and techniques (examples: agumented reality, 3D, animation)
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and taken courses 60 credits in first cycle, including Fundamentals of Graphic Design 7,5 credits, Visual Communication 7,5 credits and Content Design for New Media, 7,5 credits (or the equivalent).
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: TVLN14
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2023-03-08 09:10:21