Pathway and Undergraduate programme
Our pathway programmes are designed for international students as a bridge towards a degree from Jönköping University. When applying for a pathway programme, you may also apply for a degree programme at Jönköping University. If eligible, you will receive a conditional offer to an undergraduate programme.
In order to apply for a Pathway Programme combined with a Undergraduate Programme follow these steps:
- Fill in the online application form. Please note that the postal address and e-mail address you provide will be used for all future communication. It is therefore very important that the information is correct.
- When you have completed the application form, please check the information carefully before clicking on the “Submit Application" button.
- English Proficiency
- Scan of original high school diploma and transcript (which entitle the student to university studies in his/her home country)*.
- Official translation into English (or Swedish) if the original documents are not issued in English, German or French
- A copy of your passport. EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may submit a copy of a valid identity card which clearly states citizenship (in English or French) in place of a passport copy.
- Letter of Motivation- Motivation letter should be no longer than 1000 words. Work experience that relates to the programme applied to is considered an asset.
* If your high school diploma was awarded in USA (or by an American affiliated school), an official transcript of record must be sent directly from your school to our Admissions Office, in a sealed envelope. If your upper secondary school was in Pakistan, your documents must be attested and placed in a sealed envelope by the IBCC in Pakistan. If you graduated from Cameroon according to the British system, your results should be issued by the Cameroon GCE Board in a sealed envelope and sent to our Admissions Office. Transcripts from other countries may be received as scans of originals (or certified copies, if sent by post).
How to Submit Documents
You should preferably upload your documents on your application in pdf-format.
Any documents that you scan for uploading must be from original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour. Remember to include all pages of documents, front and back, no matter what the content is on the page. Be sure that everything on the document is visible on the scan, especially embossed stamps. We only accept pdf-format.
You could also send your documents by regular post within two weeks after making the online application. For some countries, school documents must be submitted this way. Read more about specific country requirements here.
- All hard copies must be officially certified as true copies, which means they should be stamped and signed by the issuing school or a notary public. Scan of original diploma(s) should be made of both the documents in original language and an officially certified translation.
- Applications that are not supported by officially certified documents, will not be processed. Jönköping University checks the authenticity of documents with the issuing school.
The address to the Admissions Office
Regular Post (plain envelope and stamps):
P.O. Box 1026
SE-551 11 Jönköping
Courier Service (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL):
SE-553 18 Jönköping
When your application and all enclosed documents have reached the Admissions Office, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.
All Swedish Universities charge a mandatory application fee of 900 SEK (approx. 100 Euro) to citizens outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. More information regarding who is required to pay fees.
Content updated 2020-05-04