On this page you will find information on what to do if you become ill and need to see a doctor. There is also information about dental care and pharmacies.

Student Health Care

Contact the Student Health Care if you need advice about health and medical care.

Health Care Centres and the Hospital

If you become ill and need medical care then call your local Health Care Centre (vårdcentral). Always call before you visit. You can call day and night. A nurse will tell you if there is anything you can do to feel better. The nurse will tell you on the phone if you need to meet with a nurse or a doctor.

The Emergency Room (Accident and Emergency) is located at Ryhov County Hospital.

When you see a doctor, always take your passport with you and if you are a citizen of the European Union, take your European Health Insurance card.

If you suddenly get seriously ill - call 112

If anybody suffers a serious accident or suddenly gets seriously ill, please call 112 to reach the emergency services. They will send an ambulance if necessary. The telephone number, 112, is the same throughout Sweden and the switchboard is manned 24 hours a day.

Dental Care

The public dental service (Folktandvården) provides dental care for children and adults in Jönköping County. If you have an urgent dental problem, call the nearest public dental clinic.


At the pharmacies (apotek) you can buy prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as health-care products. The staff can also give you general medical advice. Some non-prescription drugs can also be bought in the supermarkets.