Tillämpningar i beräkningsströmningsdynamik och värmeöverföring (Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer) 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållThe course treats fundamentals of CFD and heat transfer, and methodologies for solving a broad range of multi-disciplinary engineering problems in the context of manufacturing process and component design, via application of CFD and thermal simulation tools in design analysis. The effects of different fluid flow regimes and thermo-physical properties of materials are studied. The course includes simulation laboratory sessions (e.g. COMSOL, Flotherm) with experimental support, e.g. for model validation/input parameter generation.
The course includes the following elements:
- Steady state and transient heat transfer, heat transfer modes and thermal resistance network applications.
- Overview of Navier-Stokes equations, and numerical solution methods.
- CFD model validation and virtual prototyping methodology.
- Fluid flow in porous media, including local thermal non-equilibrium conditions, and applications.
- Flow and heat transfer simulation in the context of the methods, materials, and components for thermal management of automotive and telecom assemblies.
- Heat transfer models for heat treatment process design (e.g. annealing) of large metallic components.
- Simplified phase transformation models and their application to manufacturing processes, e.g. laser cladding.
- Applications of fluid flow and heat transfer models for polymer component manufacturing.
FörkunskapskravPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, 15 credits Mathematics included multivariable calculus, Thermodynamics and completed course in Numerical Analysis, 7,5 credits and Polymer and Composite Technology, 7,5 credits, proof of English proficiency is required (or the equivalent).
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå
Kursen ges vid: Tekniska Högskolan
Senast ändrad 2022-06-02 11:16:02