FEA och optimeringsdriven design (FEA and Optimization Driven Design) 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållThe aim of the course is to provide knowledge and ability to perform engineering calculations with optimization methods. The student will formulate, implement and solve optimization problems.
The course includes the following elements:
- Optimization methods for constrained and unconstrained problems.
- Gradient and non-gradient optimization methods.
- Finite element method for optimization problems.
- Sensitivity analysis and design of experiments.
- Structural (shape and topology) and process optimization for components manufactured e.g. from metal alloys and polymers.Calculations with optimization methods for small problems
- Implementation of selected optimization algorithms in MATLAB.
- Simulation-based optimization laboratory sessions using a commercial finite element software.
FörkunskapskravPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, 15 credits Mathematics included multivariable calculus and completed courses in Numerical Analysis, 7,5 credits and Continuum Mechanics, 7,5 credits, proof of English proficiency is required (or the equivalent).
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå
Kursen ges vid: Tekniska Högskolan
Senast ändrad 2022-03-11 08:27:54