FEA and Optimization Driven Design 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe aim of the course is to provide knowledge and ability to perform engineering calculations with optimization methods. The student will formulate, implement and solve optimization problems.
The course includes the following elements:
- Optimization methods for constrained and unconstrained problems.
- Gradient and non-gradient optimization methods.
- Finite element method for optimization problems.
- Sensitivity analysis and design of experiments.
- Structural (shape and topology) and process optimization for components manufactured e.g. from metal alloys and polymers.Calculations with optimization methods for small problems
- Implementation of selected optimization algorithms in MATLAB.
- Simulation-based optimization laboratory sessions using a commercial finite element software.
PrerequisitesPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, 15 credits Mathematics included multivariable calculus and completed courses in Numerical Analysis, 7,5 credits and Continuum Mechanics, 7,5 credits, proof of English proficiency is required (or the equivalent).
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TFOS22
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2022-03-11 08:27:54