This insurance applies for students at JU that are going on an exchange (studies/internships) through their study program at JU, to a receiving university/company that has an agreement with JU. Since this is a group insurance, it offers a basic medical and travel cover. As each individual's need for insurance may differ, please make sure to read the full conditions from Kammarkollegiet.
*** Please note that some host universities may require you to purchase their own campus insurance as well.***
The insurance is valid:
- Only in the country of your study destination as well as your direct trip to your study destination.
- Two weeks before the start of your study period until two weeks after your study period.
- ***PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning on travelling to other countries other than your study destination you will need to arrange a private insurance for this period. ***
- More information about what the insurance covers can be found on Kammarkollegiets homepage.
- From 1 July 2021 there will be some changes in the insurance. When updated conditions are available these will be published on the website of Kammarkollegiet.
Read here for some good tips from Kammarkollegiet about studying abraod (only in Swedish).
Proof of Insurance:
If a proof of insurance is required by the receiving university/country, please contact International Office.
How to make a claim:
If you need to make a claim due to extra costs/damages during your exchange semester, please fill in this claim form and upload it, together with the relevant proof of costs (such as receipts) here in JU's case management system (choose "Outgoing Exchange") or drop it off at Service Center.
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC):
If you are travelling to a country within the EU or certain other countries, please make sure to have the EHIC with you.
More information about the EHIC can be found on Föräkringskassans homepage or you can contact the relevant authorities from your home country (within the EU).
IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, SERIOUS ILLNESS OR ADMISSION TO HOSPITAL:
Detailed information can be found on Kammarkollegiets homepage.
If you need urgent assistance, please contact the relevant emergency service in the country you are in and/or contact:
Falck Global Assistance:
Phone: +46 8 587 717 49
Fax: +46 8 587 717 62
Falck Global Assistance can be contacted 24 hours a day.
When assistance is needed in the US or Canada, Falck Global Assistance cooperate with United Healthcare Global. Contact information to United Healthcare Global: Electronic Claims Submission: Payer ID 87726, Phone: +1855 720 7366, PO Box 740372, Atlanta, GA 30374-0372
Falck Global Assistance and United healthcare Global set a payment guarantee to the hospital if needed and the hospital can send the invoice to Falck Global Assistance.
You need to state JU insurance policy number when you are in contact with Falck Global Assistance. This is obtained by International Office at JU.