Crafting Scientific Research
The course aims to develop PhD students’ knowledge and ability to navigate the academic landscape regarding academic writing, publishing strategies, publishing processes, and publishing ethics.
The course deals with the following thematic areas:
- Challenges and rewards of publishing
- Framing and positioning a research paper
- Crafting literature reviews
- Managing the review process
- Ethical considerations in the publishing process
The course consists of an online kick-off meeting and five campus meetings. The campus meetings require physical attendance and are scheduled Feb-April 2023.
Teaching in campus meetings takes place in interactive lectures and seminars requiring active class participation, with assigned homework between the occasions. All teaching is in English.
Kick-off and campus meetings are planned as follows:
- Jan 17th (2023), 8.30-10.00 – online (zoom)
- Feb 2nd (2023), 9.00-16.00 – B6046 at JIBS Campus
- Feb 23rd to Feb 24th (2023), 14.00-20.00; 9.00 to 12.00 – campus (Halmstad University)
- March 2nd (2023), 9.00-16.00 – B6046 at JIBS Campus
- March 23rd (2023), 9.00-16.00 – B6046 at JIBS Campus
- April 13th (2023), 9.00-16.00 – B6046 at JIBS Campus
The doctoral course is organized as part of the SNABS network and administrated by Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) in collaboration with Halmstad University.
The course has a maximum of 14 places. The seats are accessible via the "first come, first served" principle. The last day to apply is January 8, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact the course coordinators:
Luca Naldi, JIBS
Jonas Gabrielsson, Halmstad University