Do I need a Jönköping University account to be able to use the wireless network?
What is my user ID and password for logging in to the wireless network?
Login with your user name followed by @ju.se and your eduroam password. A guest or function account is required in order to connect to JU-Visitor.
Can I use other software than the one included in Windows to configure the network settings on my private computer, e.g. software from the manufacturer of my wireless network card?
Yes, but IT Helpdesk is unable to provide any support for such software.
I am unable to connect my private laptop. What could be the problem?
Your computer may not support the required settings. Try to update the drivers for the wireless network card.
If incorrect user credentials have been entered more than three times, the computer will be blocked for 60 seconds. If this happens, remove the eduroam settings as described below, wait 60 seconds and try again.
Why do you have a separate password for eduroam?
Eduroam is an international initiative whereby academic institutions cooperate to allow each other’s users to connect to wireless networks at any institution that is part of the initiative. This involves common security requirements for user accounts, with the same requirements for all institutions. It also involves a stricter level of security, and Jönköping University has therefore chosen to introduce a separate password in order to protect your user account against unauthorised use.
Is there no other solution that would be easier for users?
There are other solutions, but a separate password is currently the simplest solution for users.
Why does an eduroam password have to be exactly 7 characters?
To ensure that users do not provide the same passwords for both their user accounts and their eduroam accounts, the password rules are different. (If the same password is used, the security risk is increased.)
Do I have to add "@ju.se" after my eduroam user ID?
I've previously connected to eduroam, how do I enter the new user information?
You will need to forget the eduroam network in your device and then connect again to enter the new user information.
Remove the wireless network Win 10
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Network and internet settings.
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.
- Then follow our guides to connect to eduroam with your new account details.
Remove the wireless network Mac OS
- Click the icon for network connections.
- Click Open Network settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click on eduroam to select it. Then click the minus sign.
- Close the window by clicking OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click the icon for network connections and reconnect to eduroam to connect with your new login information.
Remove the wireless network iOS
- Go to Preferences.
- Select Wi-Fi and tap the blue icon (i) next to eduroam. Then tap Forget this Network.
- Connect again to connect with your new credentials.
Remove the wireless network Android
- Go to the Wifi section of your settings menu.
- Find and long press eduroam, then choose Forget.
- Connect again to connect with your new cr
Why do I receive a warning about the certificate "Not trusted" when I try to connect to eduroam on iPhone/iPad?
This is common on iOS devices. You can proceed, if the server stated is "edurad1.hj.se" and the date stated has not passed.