Scholarships from Jönköping University
Jönköping University (JU) offers a limited number of scholarships to students who pay tuition fees and who fulfil the requirements of the scholarship and are assessed to be able to complete their studies adequately (please see the JU scholarship Terms and Conditions Pdf, 85.5 kB, opens in new window. for further details).
The scholarship amount is equivalent to 30% of the tuition fee for the programme the student has been admitted to.
The scholarship online application for programmes starting on Autumn 2024 will open in mid-October 2023. The JU scholarship application deadline is 15 April 2024.
The scholarships are offered on the basis of academic merit, with an emphasis on academic excellence. The scholarships cover part of the tuition fee for bachelor and master programmes.
Students must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- be a citizen of a country which is required to pay tuition fees in Sweden. Note: students do not need to reside in their country of citizenship at the time of submitting the application.
- be required to pay tuition fees for studies at Jönköping University.
- have selected a programme at Jönköping University as their first choice when applying via the national university admissions system or have applied for a programme through Jönköping University’s local/direct admission system.
- have applied to a bachelor or master level programme offered on-site at Jönköping University by the scholarship application deadline.
- submit a complete scholarship application by the deadline.
Students who have applied to a programme but have not yet received an offer to the programme may submit a scholarship application by the deadline.
Granted students may not combine the JU scholarship with a scholarship offered through the agreements between JU and different organizations such as FIDERH, FUNED in Mexico and COLFUTURO in Colombia. However they can still be approved for financial support from the different organizations.
Filling in the Scholarship Application Form
Please note that an application for JU Scholarship is only considered valid when submitted using the online form above.
All data entered in the scholarship application form must be verifiable by the documentation submitted in the application process. Scholarship applications will be processed only after the corresponding application for a programme has been completed and all required documents have been sent in. This is the case for both the central admission through university admissions as well as the local admission (placed through www.ju.se).
You will be requested to include the following:
Study application number
The application number generated when you submitted the application to a study programme.
Letter of recommendation
Letter of recommendation, e.g. from a former teacher or employer. One letter is requested but you may include a maximum of two letters of recommodations.
An individual statement including your educational experience and career plans. Maximum 200 words.
Please note that this should be the same as the address you provided in your application for studies at Jönköping University.
Please note that you must have selected a programme at Jönköping University as your first choice when applying via the national university admissions system or have applied for a programme through Jönköping University’s local/direct admission system.
The application is open from mid-October to 15 April.
Notification and mandatory confirmation requirements
- The awarding of the scholarship will be notified by the university by 7 May (or shortly thereafter). If the tuition fee has been paid before 7 May a deduction will instead be made from the invoice for the second instalment of the tuition fee to the sum of the scholarship.
- Awarded students are requested to confirm the acceptance of the scholarship, if the confirmation is not submitted in due time the scholarship offer will be revoked.
Watch a video about the scholarship application process