Content updated 2019-03-13

Financing and scholarships

There are no tuition fees at the partner university for students studying abroad through the exchange programme. This is because of partnership agreements between the universities.

Fees and Costs

In the agreements, tuition fees are waived, but students are responsible for covering various non-tuition expenses. These include administration fees, application fees, deposits, and more.
Additionally, students need to account for travel expenses, insurance costs, expenses related to obtaining a student permit or visa, as well as living expenses such as accommodation and food.
Students are responsible for purchasing airplane tickets, arranging visas, securing accommodation, and ensuring they have adequate medical insurance. Keep in mind that these costs can vary based on the country and university.

CSN (Swedish Student Loan Agency)

Students' exchange semester information are updated in Ladok and accessible to CSN (without needing CSN documents).

Applying for the entire year's study at once is crucial. If you go abroad for just one semester, you need to submit two applications to CSN: one for the study abroad and another for your studies in Sweden.


A scholarship is money given by organisations to help students. Scholarships are usually tax-free, but sometimes they are treated as income and may be taxed. Scholarships for education are generally tax-free. To find out if there are any scholarships available, it's a good idea to contact the International Relations office at your partner university.

For studying in Europe, you can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship. For studying in the Nordic countries, there are scholarships available through the Nordplus network.