Courses and accreditation
The idea of exchange studies is that you should take courses at the partner university and use them towards your degree at Jönköping University. You should not need to study an extra semester when you return from your exchange so long as your study is equivalent to HLK full time studies. Please note you can find information in IntApps regarding how many local credits meet a full time load.
Finding course information
IntApps is a great source of information and here you can find all relevant information that IRO gets from our partner universities.
You can also find a list of accepted courses which previous students have studied whilst at the university that you're interested in. Please be aware there is no guarantee that the same courses will be available during your semester at the Partner University.
The latest information about the partner university's courses, is the information that comes directly from the partner university via email to you or is found on their websites.
Here are some tips to help your search:
- Find the page for International Relations/International Office or the equivalent; they will often gather links for exchange students; also look for Exchange students or Erasmus students.
- Find information about the university's programmes. There you can sometimes find information about the courses. This is often found under the academic departments.
- Search for a specific faculty of the partner university. These are often found under “schools/campuses/faculties” or similar links.
- Courses can be named: “courses", "units", "modules”. At some partner universities programmes may be called “courses”.
- If you are on a bachelor programme, you should search among courses at “undergraduate/bachelor” level. If you are a master student, look under the “graduate/postgraduate” level.
- Use the University's search function. Do a course code search and see if you can find a course description.
- Some universities have special handbooks where all courses can be found.
- You will often find semester dates if you search the “academic calendar” or “term dates”.
- Many universities have pages for International Students. You may find information here, but most of the information relates to international, tuition-fee paying, students which does not apply to exchange students.
Preparatory language courses
Many of the partner universities have courses in English. Some may have a limited offering of courses in English and others may only offer courses in the national language. There are opportunities to take a preparatory language course on different levels at some partner universities. If you have previously studied a language, you can then refresh your skills before the semester begins.
Important information to international students
There are special rules for international students regarding tuition fees/course fees at the Jönköping University in connection with exchange studies. Contact the team at the International Relations office for more information.
Choice of courses at the School of Education and Communication
At some universities the students need to make their course selections before going on exchange and at others, the course selection will be done upon arrival. Be aware that all chosen courses must be approved by your academic advisor at Jönköping University.
Try to get access and information on eligible courses at the partner university as soon as possible in order to upload the information in IntApps for approval by your academic advisor.
The information you are uploading in Intapps needs to contain both course code, level, credits, as well as a detailed course description.
Please be aware that your course approval in Intapps by your academic advisor is not to be mixed up with the formal course selection at the partner university that is made after the course approval.
If you make changes to your course selection during the semester, you must contact your academic advisor for new approval.
List of academic advisors:
Ann-Sofie Lekenstam: International Work
Eva-Lotta Palm: Media & Communication
Kerstin Ericson: Teacher Education
Ingela Bergmo Prvulovic: Human Resource Managment
You manage your course aproval as exchange student in IntApps database and you may see there what courses other students have previously studied at the respective universities.