Accounting and Finance for Managers 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course aims to equip the students with theoretical and practical knowledge in accounting and finance in an industrial and engineering business setting. The course is designed to give students an overall picture of the calculative practices relevant on the managerial level. The course provides also an introduction to using a spreadsheet program for doing financial calculations and demonstrates how to build up a financial model for a company.
Important topics covered during the course include:
- company organization and corporate governance functions and structures
- cost accounting systems and performance measurement
- interpretation of key items in the financial statements
- investment decision rules and capital budgeting
- various financing alternatives including leasing and long-term financial planning
- working capital management and short-term financial planning.
PrerequisitesBachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in engineering
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JAFR25
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business SchoolLast modified 2016-06-21 13:57:54