Product and Production Platforms 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course applies both theoretical and practical perspectives. This includes fundamental concepts together with current research and industrial practise in the area. Different means for planning, developing and analysing product and production platform design are introduced and practised. The impact on business processes of different platform strategies are discussed as well as their use in different sectors and applications.
The course includes the following elements:
- Fundaments of product and production platforms theory
- Product platforms and related platforms in industrial practice
- Business opportunities and challenges associated with implementing and managing
- platform lifecycle information management
- Means to plan, design and analyse product and production platforms
- Models, methods, and tools used in product and production platform architecting and
- State of the art and the current industrial practise in general
- The use of product platform strategies in different sectors and applications
PrerequisitesPassed courses 180 credits in first cycle, at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture Engineering, Lighting Design, and 15 credits in Mathematics or passed courses at least 150 credits from the programme Industrial Product Realisation. Completed course Integrated Product and Production Development 7,5 credits, or BIM – Requirements and Specifications 7,5 credits or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TPDS22
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2021-10-08 08:06:36