How to apply - Master's
Please note: This application is for international students only.
STEP 1 Find a Programme
STEP 2 Check Eligibility
STEP 3 Apply Online
Local JU Admission open: 18 October- 2 May
Deadline to receive all supporting documents: 15 May
Apply directly to us. We recommend our local Jönköping University admission as we are able to process applications faster.
- If you have already applied through universityadmissions.se, the Swedish national admission (open October 18- January 15), you should not place an additional application for the same programme through our local JU admission. One application is sufficient.
- If you submit your application through our local admission, you must always upload your documents through our system.
- Only one application per applicant will be processed. If you need to make changes to your application, please e-mail email@example.com. Include your application id number and what should be changed.
STEP 4 Upload Documents
Most applicants can upload their documents. However, for a few countries, different rules apply*.
Important Before Uploading
- Make sure you have all your available documents for uploading.
- The upload feature allows you to return to your application to upload additional documents.
Documents to upload
- Bachelor Diploma from a recognized university. Note: If you have not yet received the diploma, but are in your final year, you may submit documentation from your university, certifying that you are an active student in your last semester. The document must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or equivalent.
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades *
- Thesis, independent work or equivalent from your bachelor’s degree (original language) only if the programme you are applying to requires a thesis or equivalent. Read more about if you need to upload a thesis or equivalent.
- Proof of English proficiency. See our language requirements. (Note: Regarding TOEFL tests, please notify the Admissions Office when you have placed your order with ETS. Our institution code is: 8487.)
- A copy of your passport (EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may submit a copy of a valid identity card which clearly states citizenship).
- Letter of Motivation: letter should be no longer than 1000 words. Work experience that relates to the programme is considered an asset.
- We do not require a GMAT, GRE or CFA, but a good score may strengthen your application to some Master’s programmes at Jönköping International Business School. You are welcome to send a certified copy of your test result with your application.
- JU Scholarship Application. Read more and fill out the scholarship application form here.
Note: File names should only include characters: A-Z, and numbers: 0-9. No special characters are possible. Maximum of 45 characters in length.
* If your degree was awarded in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Nigeria, or USA, an official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university to the Admissions Office, either in a sealed envelope or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your degree was awarded in Pakistan, your degrees/transcripts and diplomas awarded must be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan and sent to Jönköping University by post in envelope sealed by HEC.
Always submit documents in the official language of the country where you studied, along with an official translation in English. Note: We also accept documents in Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian without requiring a translation. Regarding documents issued in German or French, the Diploma may be issued in the original languague, but the official transcripts must be translated.
When uploading documents:
- You must upload your documents in PDF-format. We only accept PDFs.
- Any documents that you scan for uploading must be from officially issued, original documents.
- If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- Remember to include all pages of documents, front and back, no matter what the content is on the page.
- Be sure that everything on the document is visible on the scan, especially embossed stamps.
STEP 5 Processing of the Application
- The Admissions Office begins processing your application once the application is complete and all documents have been uploaded.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation via e-mail once an application has been placed.
- A web-based interview may be conducted as part of the admissions process.
- NOTE: The application period may close early, if a programme becomes full, before the deadline.
STEP 6 Offer of Acceptance and what to do next
- If admitted, an offer will be sent via e-mail. The applicant must accept the offer through the link in the e-mail, in order to receive the Letter of Acceptance (also via e-mail) as well as further instructions.
- If you are required to pay tuition fees (who is required to pay? Opens in new window.), the invoice of the first instalment equivalent to one semester tuition fee, will be available a few days after you have received the letter of acceptance. Please note that the invoice should be paid within 3-5 weeks. Your payment needs to reach us by the due date indicated on the invoice. Note: as we approach the application deadline of May 2, admitted students will have less than 5 weeks to pay the fee. This is due to the fact that the processing of an application for residence permit can take 1-3 months after the payment has been confirmed by Jönköping University.
Country Specific Requirements
Not all, but some countries have country specific requirements for academic qualifications. Read more here External link, opens in new window. to see if your country has any special instructions or requirements.
Sending application documents by post
If sending documents by post instead of uploading, they need to be certified, stamped and signed copies, not original documents. Read more here.
After printing out the application form, make sure to sign and send it along with all supporting certified documents, by post to
Regular Post (plain envelope and stamps):
P.O. Box 1026 SE-551 11
Courier Service (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL):
When your application and all enclosed documents have reached the Admissions Office, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.
Read our FAQ for answers to some common questions.
Sweden requires an application fee of SEK 900 for citizens outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. More information regarding who is required to pay fees.